VAPPU

Vappu is one of the biggest holidays in Finland. Carnival style festival fills the streets, alcohol beverages are bought, several student traditions, balloons and munkki pastries. The celebration begins on the evening of 30 April and continues to 1 May. 

This year the sun came out just in time for Vappu. First time in five years there was no sleet or ice cold wind. It was a wonderful weather. I spend my Vappu with my friends and family. My mother-in-law made for us sima (a home made low-alcohol tradition drink) and munkki pastries. Obviously I ate happily way too much and it didn't help to pour alcohol to my stomach after that. Oh well...thank god Vappu is only once a year. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments